Homepage Forums Mount Riga General Forum Assistant Corporate Secretary Opening

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I am pleased to announce Hilary Blaker Johnson has been selected to be our next MRI Corporate Secretary. Hilary has served as the Assistant Corporate Secretary since October 2023 and we have already started the transition. Congratulations to Hilary, I know we will be in good hands. As the Corporate Secretary is an Officer of MRI, elected annually by the Board of Directors at the organizational meeting following the AGM, Hilary will be officially nominated in October.

This also means we have an opening for an Assistant Corporate Secretary (ACS). The commitment for the ACS is a one-year commitment and you will work closely with the Corporate Secretary. The job description is attached.

We are requesting expressions of interest from members of the Mount Riga Community who are willing and able to make a 1-year commitment to this job. Being a stockholder is not a requirement. Please send your expression of interest by August 25th to Jen Whittier at [email protected]. If you would like more information about the role and time commitment or have questions in general please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at [email protected].

To better explain our assistant roles and terms, I have included an excerpt from the MRI By-laws:
    SECTION 1 – OFFICERS. The officers of the Corporation shall be a President, and a Secretary, and such other officers as shall from time to time be provided for by the Board of Directors including, but not limited to, a Vice President, one (1) or more Assistant Secretaries, a Treasurer and one (1) or more Assistant Treasurers. The same person may fill the offices of any two (2) officers unless such act is prohibited by Connecticut statute. The President shall be elected to a five-year term and may serve for a maximum for two terms. All other officers shall be elected at the first meeting of the Board of Directors after the annual election of directors or as soon thereafter as is practicable, and shall hold office until the next annual meeting or until their respective successors shall have been duly elected and qualified. In its sole discretion the Board of Directors, by a vote of the majority thereof, may leave unfilled for such period as it may fix by resolution any office, except those of President and Secretary, and may remove any officer, with or without cause, at any meeting of the Board of Directors. Officers need not be directors or shareholders; nevertheless, the President shall be a shareholder.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.