Log in to get access to this site
Please provide contact information for main point of contact below. All form fields are required.
Must use a physical address. No P.O. Boxes permitted.
The lakes known as South Pond and Riga Lake, as well as the cascades (the waterfall) on
Wachocastinook Brook, are private property. Mt. Riga Incorporated (MRI) owns the
surrounding land, including the lakeshore. Unauthorized access to the lakes or any land
owned by Mt. Riga Incorporated is prohibited.
Residents of the Town of Salisbury with a valid pass may use the Ostrander Beach area
on the South Pond as Mt. Riga guests. Any abuse of these guidelines can result in the
withdrawal of privileges. To ensure your beach visit is as pleasant as possible, Mt. Riga
enforces the following guidelines:
1. Residents of the Town of Salisbury who have been granted a guest pass may use
the guest beach area from Memorial Day through Labor Day from 8:00 AM until
8:00 PM. No admittance will be granted without this guest pass. The pass is only
valid for one season and a new application for a guest pass must be made each
2. A recent professional study has confirmed the pristine condition of our lakes but
reminded us of the major threats to their continued health. These include the
importation of parasites, such as Asian milfoil and zebra mussels, on boats that
have been used in infested waters. Consequently, guests may not permitted to
bring boats or flotation devices.
3. The guest pass allows access to the guest beach area only. Access to the land
around the lake, which is all private property, is not allowed. Picnicking and
swimming is only permitted in guest beach area. We request that guests stay
more than 100 feet from lakeshore homes and docks. Please recognize that the
entire dam area remains for private use only and is not open to the public.
4. At any time, upon the judgment of Mount Riga’s representative, a limit may be
placed on the number of persons allowed to use the guest beach area at any one
time. If the limit has been reached, admittance to the area will be closed even if a
person holds a beach pass.
5. Guest pass access is for private passenger vehicles only. We regret the guest
beach area cannot accommodate groups from schools, camps, churches, or other
6. MRI has adopted a carry in/carry out garbage policy. Guests are responsible
for removing ALL garbage from the beach area. Please remember to bring a
trash bag for transporting garbage home. Please keep the Mountain clean and
7. No pets are allowed.
8. Disorderly and unlawful conduct will not be tolerated. The state police will be
called. MRI reserves the right to permanently deny access to any person.
9. All those found on the property of Mt. Riga Incorporated, without our express
permission, will be considered trespassers, and in violation of Connecticut
General Statues 53a109 (Criminal Trespass, third degree). OFFENDERS WILL
BE PROSECUTED AND ANY VEHICLE FOUND PARKED ILLEGALLY
MAY BE SUBJECT TO TOWING AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
10. The guest pass must be affixed permanently to the front window so that it
may be seen easily. It cannot be transferred to a different vehicle or given to
another person to use. Under no circumstances are all-terrain vehicles or dirt bikes to be used anywhere on Mt. Riga.
11. Mt. Riga does not provide a lifeguard. Users of the guest beach or lake do so at
their own risk. Adults must supervise their own children.
Mt. Riga's representative, Mr. Dan Brazee, has the full authority to enforce these
guidelines on behalf of Mt. Riga, Incorporated, and will call the State Police if necessary.
Mount Riga Incorporated
Ana Maria Chrysler, President