Homepage Forums Mount Riga General Forum The passing of Frank Wells

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anne Williams
    Keymaster

It is with great sadness that Chany and Frank share news of the death of Frank’s father, and Chany’s brother in law, Frank Wells, one of the last of his generation. Please share the obituary below with your family members. Our deepest sympathies to the Wells family.

Frank Wells June 24, 1929 – September 25, 2020. Frank was born in Brewster, NY to Caroline Washburn Wells and Henry Hubbard Wells. He was the youngest of six children: Tomlinson, Alfred, Henry (Harry), Crosby and Virginia– all of whom predeceased him. Except for several years in the US Army in Europe, he spent every summer until about 8 years ago on Mt.Riga, Salisbury, CT which he adored. Frank died in Charlottesville, Va yesterday where he retired in the mid 1990s.

Frank is survived by Linda Blackford Wells and his four children: Lydia Wells Thornberry, Frank Wells, Diana Wells Opler, and Lindsay Wells. He is also survived by his many grandchildren who adored their “Potts” (Jake and David Thornberry, Douglas Placais, Jesse Opler, and Ali DeProdicini) and four great grandchildren (Felix and Finnigan Placais and Declan and Ulla Clark). All of his descendants, including his three stepchildren (Fritz, William and Elizabeth Mitchell), so enjoyed their many summers on Mt.Riga at “the Wells’ camp”.

Beth Keith
    Keymaster

I send my sympathies to Linda, always a gracious presence especially at the epic Wells Christmas gatherings and as friend to my mother Betty McCabe Case. To my peers: Lydia, Frank, Diana and Lindsey as well as the Mitchells, I pray you find comfort in our Mountain flora and fauna that nurture the best parts of our nature and nod knowingly at our passing. -Beth McCabe Keith

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.